Meet Your Periodontist and Implant Surgeon in Ann Arbor
Debby Hwang, DMD
“I believe that compassion, empathy, tenderness, honesty, and skill contribute equally to treatment. The entire team at Gentle Dental Associates reflects this notion, and I am proud to be a part of this team.” – Dr. Hwang
Dr. Debby Hwang practices full-time as an American Board of Periodontology-certified periodontist and implant surgeon. Her particular interests are dental implant and conservative therapy. She is the chief editor of Implant Site Development, a well-regarded textbook on dental implantology. A lecturer and author, Dr. Hwang keeps abreast of diagnostic, therapeutic, and research innovations in her field through hands-on courses and contributes to peer-review journals. Dr. Hwang maintains an active membership in the American Academy of Periodontology.
After earning her doctorate, cum laude, from the Harvard University School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Hwang completed her periodontal residency at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, which honored her with the Sigurd P. Ramfjord Award for Excellence. The American Academy of Periodontology privileged her with a scholarship as well as a nomination for the Dr. and Mrs. Gerald M. Kramer Scholar Award for Excellence. Dr. Hwang remains an active member of the American Academy of Periodontology. Dr. Hwang on Google+
Raised in Michigan, Dr. Hwang lives in and loves Ann Arbor and feels that it is a privilege to care for patients here. Dr. Hwang spends time outside of private practice traveling, honing her Mandarin Chinese, catching up on television series, reading essays, and tending to her family and pet cat.
Published Books and Articles:
- Implant Site Development – 2012
- Key Principles of Implant Dentistry in the Esthetic Zone – October, 2011
- Rescue Therapy for an Esthetically Compromised Maxillary Anterior Implant: A Case Report – October, 2011
- Two-stage Esthetic Crown Lengthening – April, 2011
- Timing of Guided Bone Regeneration: A Case Report – February, 2011
- The Dependability of Connective Tissue Grafting for the Resolution of Full-Mouth Recession – January/February, 2011
- Two-Stage Esthetic Crown Lengthening – January, 2011